- Graduate employer profile
- Work experience and internships (3)
- How to get hired
Management Training Scheme - Marketing
This content expired on 31 August 2013
It is displayed here for reference purposes but the information may be out of date and the opportunities may no longer be available.
To find the latest graduate job and employer opportunities search here.
We realise that people are different; that’s why we’ll create an individually tailored management training programme just for you.
Each year we offer up to 30 graduates from all different degree disciplines, the opportunity to join our programme across 4 business areas. The scheme lasts for one year and is made up of three, four-month placements across a variety of different roles, thereby giving you a unique overview of how different functions and divisions operate. This early exposure will equip you with the breadth of knowledge to ensure you start off with a strong footing in your career with us.
Réal Opportunities in Marketing
If you want to learn about consumer goods marketing from one of the very best in the business, then this is the place to do it. Every year, we launch hundreds of new products into this fiercely competitive market, and as a graduate on our scheme you will have the opportunity to work across any of our 27 global brands.
Take one of our fragrance launches, Diesel “Only the Brave”. One of our graduates played a very real part in this launch campaign, liaising directly with agencies on point of sale merchandise before negotiating prices with retailers, to ensure that the whole launch was a major success from day one. And it worked … Diesel “Only the Brave” turned out to be the UK’s biggest fragrance launch ever for L’Oréal!
So it goes without saying that working as a marketer for us requires reserves of ambition and resilience to realise your brand’s vision in a challenging market. You will need to think on your feet to manage ever-changing deadlines and you will need to combine a flair for strategic and creative thinking in order to come up with new ideas to penetrate the market and create a successful launch campaign for your brand.
Understanding your consumer is also key which is why you will monitor and report on the performance of your brand and its competitors within the market, whilst all the while building strong relationships and networks with other teams.
Some of our recent marketing grads have been given a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Working on a recycling programme for Kiehls in Australia that rewarded customers who brought back their empty bottles with new products
- Presenting the new consumer brand to a top UK retailer along with the Commercial team
- Designing and producing promotional materials that were sent out to 3,000 salons to raise awareness for the launch of Pureology, a new organic salon brand
- Assisting with the launch of a limited edition of cleansing oils for Shu Uemura
To apply, it is essential you have:
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points in 3 subjects (or equivalent international qualification)
- Attained or are in the process of attaining a minimum 2:1 bachelor's level qualification
- are eligible to work in the UK
Out of our 2012 graduate intake:
- The majority of our graduates had demonstrated leadership whilst at university
- All had tangible achievements over and above the norm
- Many of them spoke a second language and were keen to have an international career
- All had strong analytical skills
- Many had previous relevant work experience or had completed an internship
- All had managed complex projects whilst at university or at work
- All were curious and enthusiastic, and looked to be challenged on a daily basis
Please note that once you have submitted your application the Graduate Team will be reviewing it at the first available opportunity. However, in some instances you may be waiting a number of weeks to be hearing back from us due to other team constraints.
Management Training Scheme - Marketing: Graduate scheme fact file
Application closing deadline See organisation website
Starting salary £28000
Number of vacancies 30
Degree required 2.1
Minimum UCAS points 320
Sector(s) Marketing, advertising and PR
Region(s) England - Greater London
Vacancy type Full-time
Job/scheme locations Hammersmith, London