Don’t miss vacation scheme deadlines this winter
Vacation schemes are a significant (and sometimes essential) part of the recruitment process for most large law firms. The best way to obtain inside knowledge about a firm's culture and the sort of legal work it does is to spend between one and three weeks on its vacation scheme (also known as a vacation placement but rarely, in this sector, as an internship).
Law vacation placement deadlines in January 2019
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (spring insight day – 18 March 2019)
- Macfarlanes LLP (First year insight day)
- Morgan Lewis & Bockius (open day 2019 and first year programme)
- Osborne Clarke LLP (insight scheme)
- Shoosmiths (summer vacation placement)
- Womble Bond Dickinson (work placements: June and July 2019)
Law vacation placement and work experience deadlines in March 2019
Law vacation placement deadlines in April 2019
Most law firms offer these structured work experience programmes to second- or final-year law and non-law students, and tend to pay a subsidy of £250–£500 per week. Typically, firms offer winter vacation schemes to finalists and graduates, and summer vacation schemes to penultimate-year students, but it’s worth checking individual firms’ requirements by clicking on the links below. Common deadlines for summer vacation placements fall in November, December and January.