Deadlines for property graduate jobs 2019
Deadlines for currently property graduate schemes
CBRE: 12 November 2018 – CBRE graduate scheme
JLL: 16 November 2018 – JLL graduate schemes
BNP Paribas Real Estate: 1 December 2018 – Commercial real estate graduate programme; planning real estate graduate programme; planning & development real estate graduate programme.
How many jobs are out there?
We asked a number of property firms how many graduates they intend to hire this year and how many applications they received for equivalent positions last year. (Please note that all figures are approximate.) Take a look at the results below:
- BNP Paribas Real Estate/Strutt & Parker: 22 graduate jobs in 2019; 800 applications in 2018
- CBRE: 38 graduate jobs in 2019; 900 applications in 2018
- Gerald Eve: 15 graduate jobs in 2019; 705 applications in 2018
- GVA: 40–50 graduate jobs in 2019; 35 graduate jobs in 2018, 3000 applications in 2018
- JLL: 45 graduate jobs in 2019; 47 graduate jobs in 2018, 4000 applications in 2018
- Knight Frank: 30 graduate jobs in 2019; 1000 applications in 2018
As you can see, competition for property graduate schemes is fierce. However, this is not unexpected news, as many firms indicated that they expect to receive a similar number of applications as they did last year. As such, it's crucially important that you do as much as you can to stand out from the competition and make sure you're standing out to property recruiters. We've prepared some application tips below to help you to achieve this goal.
Remember, you need to submit an individual application to each employer you apply to. So that your application makes the cut, check out our advice on:
- Graduate CVs for property jobs
- Covering letters for property graduate jobs
- Answering ‘give us an example of a time when’ questions in your property job application
There is even more advice on our TARGETjobs Property careers advice page.