Graduate careers in Bristol
Bristol is known as a hub for aeronautical engineering and research with a number of major aviation companies, including BAE Systems, Airbus and Rolls-Royce, based in the city.
The south west is a richly creative region: many independent film and production companies are based in Bristol. Graduate opportunities may also be found with media centres across the city, as well as with financial services firms such as AXA.
The University of Bristol is a member of the Russell group of top universities and offers highly regarded further study options in subjects including maths, geography and philosophy. It is one of the best places to study engineering at postgraduate level in the UK.
Graduates of the University of the West of England are considered employable thanks to its respected vocational courses in subjects such as nursing and education.
- CMS Cameron McKenna, Bristol (Law)
- The University of Bristol, Bristol (Administration; Teaching; Research)
- Immediate Media Company, Bristol (Magazine publishing)
- Bristol City Council, Bristol (Public sector; Government; Housing; Education)
- HP Labs, Bristol (IT; Engineering; Sales; Marketing; Finance)
- BAE Systems, Bristol (Aerospace technology; Engineering)
- Airbus, Bristol (Aeronautical engineering; Design)
- Rolls-Royce plc, Bristol (Engineering)
- The Bottle Yard Studios, Bristol (Media; Film)
- AXA UK plc, Bristol (Finance; IT)
(Note: these companies may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- The Bristol International Balloon Fiesta
- Shopping in elegant Clifton
- Aardman Animations (Wallace & Gromit)
- Banksy’s famous urban artwork, which is dotted all over the city
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Bath – 13 miles
- Gloucester – 35 miles
- Cardiff – 43 miles
Browse regional vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in the south west