There are a number of graduate recruitment programmes in a range of sectors, including sales and marketing, engineering, human resources and finance. Leicester City Council offers graduate programmes and aims to attract, retain and develop local graduates.
The food and drinks industry is also important to Leicester’s economy – graduates can try for a tasty job at the Walkers Crisps factory or at the nearby Molson Coors brewery.
The University of Leicester offers a range of postgraduate courses, including archaeology, space exploration systems and criminology.
De Montfort University is well regarded for its English language teaching and architecture courses.
Loughborough University often rates highly for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey and boasts a praised school of Sport and Exercise Science. It also performs well in physics, architecture and teacher training.
- Trelleborg AB, Leicester (Construction; Engineering)
- Walkers Crisps (PepsiCo), Leicester (HR; Product technology; Engineering; Sales)
- Next, Leicester (Retail)
- Samworth Brothers, Leicester (Product technology; Engineering; Manufacturing)
- Alliance & Leicester, Leicester (Banking and financial services)
- Boden, Leicester (IT; Sales; Marketing; HR; Fashion design)
- eHomescompany, Leicester (Marketing; IT; Finance)
- British Gas, Leicester (Engineering; Sales; HR)
- Molson Coors Brewers, Burton upon Trent (HR; Manufacturing; Sales; IT; Marketing; Finance)
- Royal Mail, Leicester (Finance; HR; Management; Sales)
(Note: these employers may not be currently recruiting. Their names have been provided as a guideline to the type of work available and what areas to look in.)
It’s on the map for…
- Exotic cuisine from around the world
- Leicester Market, the largest covered market in Europe
- Interesting architecture and local history
It’s within commuting distance of…
- Coventry – 25 miles
- Nottingham – 29 miles
- Derby – 37 miles
Browse regional vacancies and work experience opportunities on TARGETjobs
Browse vacancies and graduate jobs in the East Midlands