Academies Enterprise Trust
Academies Enterprise Trust is a network of 66 Primary, Secondary and Special schools across England. Our aim is to ‘make our best better’ because we believe that every child deserves an excellent education.
We offer the school led teacher training route into teaching (School Direct). Our one year programme is accredited by good and outstanding universities / providers and in just one year you could become a qualified teacher and achieve QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) with Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) as well as Masters Credits that may be used towards a subsequent Masters Degree.
Is there an opportunity in my area?
We are a network of 66 academies in England and there are opportunities available in Yorkshire and Humber, North East, West Midlands, South East, South West, Eastern and London.
What are the entry requirements?
- A genuine passion and interest in teaching
- Minimum of 2.1 degree but other degree classifications will be considered
- For candidates interested in teaching at secondary level 50% of your degree must be in the subject that you wish to teach in along with GCSE English and Maths grade C or above
- For Primary Phase a Degree in National Curriculum subject is preferable along with GCSE Science minimum Grade C
- Overseas qualifications/degrees MUST be checked by NARIC for comparability to UK Standards.
- Where possible a minimum of two weeks experience of working or volunteering in a school
What kind of training and support will there be?
You will spend the majority of your training in the classroom, building your confidence in an academy environment, whilst receiving excellent mentoring support from outstanding teachers and educationalists with a track record of offering outstanding initial teacher training.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!