Graduate Teaching Opportunities
Salaried and Tuition Fee Programmes available to start in September 2017
Locations: Yorkshire and Humber, North East, West Midlands, Eastern, London South East and South West
A career in teaching - make a real difference to our children and young people, start transforming lives today
Academies Enterprise Trust is a network of 66 Primary, Secondary and Special schools across England. Our aim is to ‘make our best better’ because we believe that every child deserves an excellent education.
Teaching is an exciting and rewarding career which allows you to share your passion and make a difference to the lives of children and young people.
We offer the school led teacher training route into teaching (School Direct). Our one year programme is accredited by good and outstanding universities / providers and in just one year you could become a qualified teacher and achieve QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) with Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) as well as Masters Credits that may be used towards a subsequent Masters Degree.
What will your training look like?
You will spend the majority of your training at an academy of your choice with a contrasting experience during the programme. This will allow you to build your confidence in an academy environment, while receiving excellent mentoring support from passionate teachers with a track record of offering outstanding initial teacher training.
We employ approximately 6,000 people across England and are always looking for talented individuals to join us, and grow and develop within our Trust.
- A genuine passion and interest in teaching
- Minimum of 2.1 degree but other degree classifications will be considered
- For candidates interested in teaching at secondary level 50% of your degree must be in the subject that you wish to teach in along with GCSE English and Maths grade C or above
- For Primary Phase a Degree in National Curriculum subject is preferable along with GCSE Science minimum Grade C
- Overseas qualifications/degrees MUST be checked by NARIC for comparability to UK Standards.
- Where possible a minimum of two weeks experience of working or volunteering in a school
The School Direct Training Programme - Tuition Fee (Non-Salaried).
This is open to all graduates and funded by tuition fees paid by the trainee, you may receive a bursary up to £30,000 dependent on the degree grade and subject you wish to teach.
The School Direct Training Programme – Salaried.
This is open to graduates with more than 3 years’ experience working in any industry (usually ‘career changers’). You will be paid a minimum of point 1 on the unqualified teacher scale (£16, 461)
How do I apply for teacher training?
For more information and to start your all-important first conversation contact the Talent Team on 0845 453 0060, or email us at email@example.com.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!