Paralegal Internship (13 Months)
Job Title: Paralegal Intern
Office Location: Affoltern Am Albis, Switzerland
Competitive Salary, Relocation Assistance and opportunity to become permanent employee.
Start Date: Summer 2019
Accutor AG is looking to hire a Paralegal on a 13 months placement based in our office in Switzerland.Candidate is likely to be Undergraduate completing placement year or recent Graduate exploring new opportunities.
- Mandatory- Tracking to achieve or having achieved at least an Upper Second Class in relevant Degree, specifically LLB Hons or similar.
- Strong interest in Corporate Law, International Financial Regulation, or International Commercial Law.
- A confident and professional manner – our clients include a number of Fortune 2000 companies and you will be communicating with them on the phone and via email on a daily basis.
- A sound understanding of Corporate law, Commercial and Employment contracts, negotiation and Client relationships, and legal processes.
- Strong ability to assimilate and absorb new information, then utilise this theoretical information in practical situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer.
- Language Skills – a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English is essential. Another Foreign language especially German, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Slovak, Czech, Dutch, French or is an advantage, but not essential.
- Full training to be provided.
- Responsible for setup of each Contractor or Employee in the internal system.
- Responsible for the review, verification and validation of documentation, such as passports, degree certificates.
- Assist Lawyer and your manager in negotiating and advising on a variety of complex contracts which may include the following tasks: master agreement, services and consulting agreements, licensing agreements, data protection agreements.
- Working under the direction of Accutor Lawyers and Legal professionals, you will be liaising (internally) with the Accutor Accounts & Payroll, Work Permit & Consular, as well as Sales & Marketing Teams.
- Your external interactions will be with Government Agencies, notarial and consular service providers, HR & Legal teams in Fortune 2000 companies, international recruitment agencies, individual employees and independent contractors/ freelancers working across the world.
- Responsible for the drafting, review and reporting of Employment Agreements, Service Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and others.
- Handle the administration of the electronic Agreement tracking system, including creation and checking Agreements.
- Responsible for uploading Agreements on the Accutor internal system, as well as in the Accutor client portal.
- Responsible for following up on Agreement signing by various parties.
- Responsible for the maintenance of contractor records; ensuring that employee and client changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to company policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations.
- Responsible for tracking Agreement termination and renewal dates, as well as following up on formalities including Agreement renewal signing by various parties.
- Responsible for the coordination of tasks between payroll, legal, sales and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of contractor data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports).
- Involvement and active participation in internal meetings and training with colleagues and higher management.
- Assisting the Consular and Work Permit team with legal entity related tasks, as well as consolidation of data for work permit and business visa applications.
- Assisting the Sales and Marketing Team by collecting and updating data related to processes and laws in individual countries.