Payroll Accounts Intern
Accutor AG is looking to hire a Payroll Accountant on a 13 months placement based in our office in Switzerland. Candidate is likely to be Undergraduate completing placement year or recent Graduate exploring new opportunities.
- Mandatory- Tracking to achieve or having achieved at least an Upper Second Class in relevant Degree, specifically Accounting and Finance or similar.
- Strong interest in Payroll Accounting, Invoicing and Dunning, Taxation and Social Security.
- A confident and professional manner – our clients include a number of Fortune 2000 companies and you will be communicating with them on the phone and via email on a daily basis.
- Strong skills in using and understanding the flow of transactions in Excel and a keen interest to learn an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Strong ability to assimilate and absorb new information, then utilise this theoretical information in practical situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer.
- Language Skills – a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English is essential. Another Foreign language especially German, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Slovak, Czech, Dutch, French or is an advantage, but not essential.
- Full training to be provided.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly payroll for Contractors and Employees working around the world; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all social security, tax and other special payroll deductions, as per instructions and training for each region.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, legal, budget and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of contractor data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. labour "home" work, overtime, leave balances, head count, social security and pension contribution reports).
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system, including creation and checking of monthly payslips. Setup each contractor, valid programs for each employee's charges, and adherence to systems; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Responsible for verifying timesheet approvals
- Responsible for timely invoicing
- Responsible for expenses reporting
- Responsible for the uploading of timesheets and payslips onto the Accutor client portal
- Responsible for the establishment /maintenance of contractor records; ensuring that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorisation and adherence to company policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Responsible for reporting activities
- Involvement and active participation in internal meetings and training/ workshops