Graduate Civil Infrastructure Engineer
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine on our website and Twitter page.
AECOM’s Infrastructure team comprises of civil engineering specialists within our Building Engineering Business Line. We deliver creative infrastructure solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors by providing input to projects ranging from the largest regeneration projects in the UK to small housing developments. We work for both private and public sector clients, most of whom return to us for our experience of the industry and knowledge of their requirements.
We work across all construction stages, from pre-feasibility through feasibility, design and construction and across a wide range of sectors including - Housing Developments, Shopping Centres, Airports and Education. Our work includes:
- Engagement in masterplan development
- Contributions to Transport Assessments and EIA process
- Preparation of surface water drainage strategies and flood risk assessments
- Preparation of foul water drainage strategies and utility appraisals
- Site levels design and cut/fill analysis to optimise use of materials on site
- Feasibility and highway route studies
- Highway design
- Junction design
- Traffic management planning
- Pavement analysis and design
- Drainage analysis and design
- Utility layout and diversion design
- Streetscape (street lighting, fencing, traffic signals and traffic sign) design
- Coordination of designs with the project team in 3d as part of BIM
- Liaising with authorities to secure approval for the designs
- Construction support
Your key responsibilities, with support from your team, may include the following:
- Preparation of concept surface and foul water drainage designs
- Development of preliminary utility layouts
- Production of initial junction options
- 3d modelling of site levels and road design
- Development of drainage strategies
- Liaison with other disciplines within the project team to coordinate designs
- Opportunities to work on multiple projects as the workload dictates
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering (minimum degree classification 2:2 or equivalent) with an MSc in Civil/Structural Engineering or a Masters degree (MEng) in Civil Engineering
- Good numeric and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Creative, practical, adaptable and enthusiastic
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organize parts of projects
- Ability to demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in civil engineering and to gain CEng from a relevant engineering institution
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!