Graduate Acoustics Engineer (Building Engineering) - Building Engineering
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM. With well over a hundred technical staff, AECOM’s Acoustic Group is among the largest acoustics practices in the world. From its offices in Europe, Australia, America, Canada, the Middle East and Far East, the Group advises clients on building acoustics, environmental acoustics, noise mapping, vibration and audio-visual design. In the UK, the Group has over twenty members of staff in four offices. The Building and Architectural Acoustics Group within AECOM provides independent acoustic consultancy services on numerous prestigious projects within the built environment, including arts, culture and media; education; residential; commercial and healthcare. AECOM is a member of the Association of Noise Consultants and a sponsor of the Institute of Acoustics. If you are self-motivated and capable, can demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and good communication skills, you will quickly be given increasing responsibility across a variety of project types and sizes in order to maximise your learning. We will provide ongoing training and a structured programme of professional development as well as the day to day support you require to develop your skills in architectural building acoustics.
- Primarily focus will be towards architectural and building services acoustics
- Assist with environmental acoustics on occasion
- Conducting field measurements as needed to document acoustical data
- Noise and vibration measurement surveys
- Calculation and assessment of building and architectural acoustics
- Computer modelling predictions and optimisations
- Take ownership of report writing
- Produce technical emails
- Attend design team meetings 2
- Draft scope and fee proposals
- BSc/MSc degree in Acoustics or related science or engineering discipline
- Degree classification of 2:1 or above (or equivalent) is preferred
- Committed to becoming a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics and ultimately a Chartered Engineer
- A full driving licence would be a benefit as the role will involve a significant amount of travel to site locations
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
- Confidence with a foreign language will be considered a benefit as this will assist our increasing exposure in wider markets.
- Strong report writing & Excel skills
- Work experience in the acoustics field would be an advantage
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!