Graduate Archaeologist - Environment
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM. At the core of our Resources & Industry business, the Environment business line's talented environmental professionals provide environmental solutions for private and public clients around the world. We offer environmental management services that meet client needs for feasibility, impact analysis, and operational compliance as well as remediation, restoration and reuse of impacted property. We are looking to expand our heritage team which offers services across all sectors within AECOM with a particular emphasis on our environment, transport, energy and buildings divisions. To increase our provision, we are seeking to appoint a Graduate Archaeologist who will have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary teams on a wide variety of projects – including high profile major transport and infrastructure schemes, conventional and renewable power development, other industrial and commercial development projects as well as heritage-led masterplanning and regeneration.
When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects. Their initial role will support and assist with the completion of archaeological assessments for a variety of projects and a range of clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Archive research including historic maps, archaeological reports, historic documents and aerial photographs;
- Site walkover surveys
- Analysis, assessment, interpretation and presentation of archaeological data to contribute to desk-based assessments
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career, gaining valuable work experience within an 2 established consultancy.
- Degree in archaeology or a related discipline
- Experience of archival research and the preparation of archaeological desk-based assessments is desirable but not essential
- A good working knowledge of British archaeology and field techniques is required and knowledge of the UK legislation and planning policy is desirable
- Experience in the commercial archaeological sector is desirable
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Full UK driving licence In addition to your archaeological skills, you must be able to cope with the demands of a busy office, where deadlines and changing priorities are a constant factor.
Our Graduate Development Programmes (GDP) within AECOM, along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. You will be part of the AECOM GDP, benefitting from the support, training and potential opportunities across AECOM. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including membership of the relevant professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!