Remediation Graduate Consultant – Environment - EHS & Remediation Services
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM. Our Remediation teams are looking for enthusiastic Environmental Graduate Consultants. AECOM Remediation has one of the largest Soil & Groundwater divisions in the UK&I with an unprecedented global footprint, serving clients in many sectors including property and development, oil and gas, industrial and manufacturing, transportation and the public sector. The teams have a well-established network of specialists in EMIA and around the world which enrich the prospects for graduates, allow the learning of advanced technology applications and contribute to our best practice and strong safety culture.
- To work within a team, undertaking desk studies, site investigations, laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretive report writing
- To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
- To assist project managers in developing proposals for ground investigations and remediation projects
- To coordinate field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigation works
- To collect soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at various sites in the UK
- To coordinate with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements
- To complete borehole logs for utilisation in site review and reporting
- To compile and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models
- To learn the AECOM quality management system and ensure its effective implementation by the team for all projects and proposals.
For this role you will ideally hold a MSc degree in Geology or / Hydrogeology / Contaminated Land / Environmental Engineering / Environmental Science and will have a strong undergraduate degree in a science or engineering based subject. You will also have the following:
- Good understanding of contaminated land assessment
- Understanding of field sampling and data review
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong research and report writing (including web based research);
- Strong numerate skills;
- Commercial awareness for business development, marketing, and proposal preparation;
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent written and verbal skills (in English); fluency in other languages an advantage;
- Strong quality and time management;
- Self-starter, develops and delivers work under own initiative
- Solid attention to detail and thorough approach to work
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks
- Flexible and hard working
- Full Driving Licence Experience:
- Some field investigation experience.
- Experience collecting groundwater data and samples.
- Some experience of working in a corporate environment (within or outside of environmental consultancy)
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the 3 programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!