Graduate Planner/Town Planner - Environment and Ground Engineering – Environment and Planning
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM. AECOM are looking for an exceptional graduate planner to join our busy team of consultants in Basingstoke, Hampshire. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. As a graduate in our Planning team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of project types from feasibility work through to major infrastructure consenting applications. The scope will include preparation of planning applications, undertaking site visits, report writing and working collaboratively across our network of offices. We enjoy an exceptional team approach working closely with architects, engineers, environmental specialists, economists and other related professionals to develop award winning integrated infrastructure projects. We work in dynamic and challenging environments, in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors including transportation, energy, water and local government. We are looking for creative and highly motivated team players that have the ability to assist other members of the Planning team who would like the fantastic opportunity to further their career, gaining valuable experience to be part of exciting projects on a local and national level within an established consultancy.
When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects. Your initial role will be to support 2 the team with the completion of high quality project deliverables in accordance with project programmes. The primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the production of planning applications including writing relevant supporting reports such as Planning Statements and Design and Access Statements;
- Assistance with the coordination of multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Undertaking field visits and surveys;
- Carrying out planning research and analysis and assist with the identification of planning risk;
- Delivering community and stakeholder consultation;
- Participating in internal and external meetings when required;
- Assisting with project management and implementing quality and health and safety principles
- A graduate with a degree level qualification in planning, preferably accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
- Practical experience in a client facing role, preferably planning related
- Ability to interpret construction/design plans and drawings
- Able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Sound knowledge of UK Planning policy and legislation
- Interest in delivering major infrastructure projects
- Ability to deliver planning solutions, and successfully manage time to meet project deadlines
- A hard working and highly motivated individual with excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Client focused with good interpersonal skills and team approach with a high level of commitment towards the job
- Full current driving licence Note – this role is not suitable for candidates who have a preference to do masterplanning/urban design or architecture.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work 3 on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!