Graduate Capital Allowances Surveyor - Fiscal Incentives – Capital Allowances Consultancy
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM. We are offering an opportunity for a flexible, talented, creative and passionate surveying graduate looking to build a career by applying their surveying skills to capital allowances and real estate taxation consulting. The role is based in our London office within our Fiscal Incentive’s Team. This market leading team provides a range of specialist property tax consultancy services including Capital Allowances; VAT planning, Land Remediation Relief and Research and Development Tax Credits. We advise a wide range of clients on a diverse range of commercial properties in the UK, Ireland, Asia and other areas around the globe. Notable projects include some of London’s most recognisable developments, such as the Cheesegrater, The Walbrook, Heron Tower and the Shard. The graduate surveyor will utilise and adapt their surveying skills to our capital allowances and other advisory services and develop an understanding of the various property tax reliefs available to property occupiers, owners and investors. They will also identify opportunities to assist clients to optimise reliefs and benefits, undertake site surveys and prepare detailed analyses of property expenditure to support capital allowances claims for relief. As a graduate surveyor you will be actively involved across all aspects of client services, from assisting with proposals to negotiation and agreement with HM Revenue and Customs to achieve optimal results for our clients.
New graduates are assigned to a senior team member who will guide and mentor them through their training period by working on live projects - initially the role will be to support and assist senior team members by completing designated tasks. The graduate will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects for a leading property tax advisory team and our ideal candidate will be highly numerate, comfortable with the collation of analysis of legal, construction and accounting information. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the delivery of client engagements
- Preparing capital allowances claims for submission to HMRC
- Assisting senior team members in the preparation of proposals for work
- Negotiating and agreeing claims with HM Revenue and Customs
- Undertaking site surveys to identify and record qualifying assets
- Liaising with property teams, contractors and external consultants to obtain relevant information
- Conducting valuation estimates where construction cost information is complete
- Advising on ad-hoc queries both from clients and other internal teams
The idea graduate should meet the following requirements:
- Hold a minimum of a 2.1 degree ideally in Quantity Surveying or a similar property, accounting or finance related discipline
- Be highly numerate, motivated and proactive
- Be computer proficient in spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software
- Hold strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate maturity to conduct face to face and telephone interviews
- Be comfortable in dealing with quantitative data and analysis
- Demonstrate a writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical and professional
- Have an ability to listen to others and accept input from team members
- Holds a natural curiosity and readiness for travelling with project teams
- Has effective time management and the ability to multi task
- English language is fluent
- Good communicator and team player, able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy across AECOM globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. Our GDP is specifically tailored to help you achieve chartered status with the RICS or CIOB, and our position as an industry leading consultancy means it is a great place to get your career off to the best possible start. We have over 600 graduates on our programme across the UK & Europe of which a third are female, from 25 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the 3 environment we all live & work in. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, regular training modules throughout the programme, onthe-job and classroom training where required, opportunity to work on live client projects, and significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!