Graduate Consultant – Transaction Advisory - Programme, Cost, Consultancy – Transaction Advisory
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM We currently have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to work as a Graduate Consultant in the Transaction Advisory team. This role lies within our Program Cost Consultancy (PCC) business line which provides cost and project management services and specialist consultancy services, to publicand private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States. The role will primarily focus on UK infrastructure and assessing risk in order to advise Lenders / Funders and Equity Investors. Risk comes in many forms and you will work with an experienced team to be able to assess Risks for Lenders / Banks and Investors. Transactions will include Social Infrastructure sectors such as Education (Schools; Student Accommodation) through to Housing (Developments and Social) to Health (Acute Health facilities to local facilities) as well as Economic infrastructure including Transportation, Rail, Power and Energy (Offshore Wind; Gas distribution and storage and tidal energy). The UK will be the dominant territory covered, but Projects with the Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) such as the World Bank; The Asian Development Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ensure Projects further afield are serviced. An interest in infrastructure and how Project s fit to make wider transactions is therefore important. AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- The responsibilities of the role will be varied and will include:
- Data and Information Management associated with Projects
- Client Care
- Drafting and Reporting on Project Risks
- Assisting and attending Client meetings with consultants and senior consultants
- Considering and opining on Industry Trends (from basic aspects such as labour costs impacting on Projects to new technology used in engineering to development of new industry contracts)
- Forming Client Relationships
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or Construction/Project Management (preferably RICS accredited)
Skills: The ideal graduate should meet the following requirements:
- A holder of a construction or engineering related degree, preferably in one of the following: Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying; Civil Engineering; possibly extending to Environmental or Building Services Engineering
- An understanding of the design and construction process
- An understanding of the contractual routes that Projects can be procured under
- An interest infrastructure and an appreciation of the UK infrastructure requirements
- Writing ability that is coherent, grammatically correct, analytical, and professional
- Displays a positive attitude
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Effective time management and ability to multi-task
- Good communicator and team player, able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes
- Good presentation skills
- A desire to work through the Graduate Development process in order to gain a professional qualification (RICS; MICE: CIOB; or similar professional qualification)
Our Graduate Development Programmes (GDP) within AECOM, along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor our programmes are tailored to help graduates attain the RICS APC. The GDP is held over a 5 separate residential weeks and involves training, lectures and group work with other graduates, as well as constant guidance throughout the APC process. We believe that our GDP 3 gives you the best possible preparation to passing your APC, and plays a big part in our candidate’s high pass rate, and a great way to socialize and network with other graduates. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!