Graduate Health & Safety / PSDP Consultant - PCC - Health & Safety
We are currently recruiting for an assistant Health & Safety, PSDP Consultant for our centrally located Dublin office working with our Projects and Consulting team. This role would suit an experienced Graduate / Assistant H&S professional looking for career development in an exciting and busy team, working on exciting constructions projects. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the industry. We are looking for an ambitious team player with strong development skills who wishes to assist in the development of innovative, cost effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is collaborative, stimulating and demanding. The role would suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team.
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com . About the Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy We provide cost and project management services, and specialist consultancy services including Health & Safety and PSDP Consultancy services, to public- and private-sector clients around the world, with a strong presence in Africa, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and the United States. Job Responsibilities: As a Health & Safety Consultant you will have the appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
- Assisting the health and safety consulting business in carrying out Health and Safety and PSDP tasks including project administration.
- Assisting in preparing bids and proposals.
- Attendance to selected project meetings
- Assistance in carrying out selected site visits and Health & Safety audits
- Ensure project records are accurate and correctly updated and maintained including but not limited to; safe work method statements, Health & Safety plans, PSDP coordination meeting minutes, etc
- Undertake Project Health & Safety Reviews to examine opportunities to provide safer
- You will have strong development skills and have the ability to develop and manage the work of others if and when required
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams, particularly within AECOM’s transportation division
- Be aware of and understand the AECOM IMS procedures, their importance and their application to projects.
- Degree in Engineering or a related design discipline with recognised Safety and Health training (ideally post graduate Diploma level, but not essential) or a degree in Health & Safety (ideally in Construction Health & Safety).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ideally you will be a Member of IOSH at Graduate level or above
- You will have basic understanding / knowledge of Construction projects and a strong understanding of civil Health & Safety Regulations and associated best practices
- A competent and construction focused Health & Safety Professional with drive and enthusiasm.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy across AECOM globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. Our GDP is specifically tailored to help you achieve chartered status with the RICS or CIOB, and our position as an industry leading consultancy means it is a great place to get your career off to the best possible start. We have over 600 graduates on our programme across the UK & Europe of which a third are female, from 25 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, regular training modules throughout the programme, onthe-job and classroom training where required, opportunity to work on live client projects, and significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!