Graduate Engineer (Process & Automation) - Building Engineering
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
AECOM’s Process & Automation team sits within our Resources & Industrial business line; its specialists drawn from client-side, industry and pure design alike to ensure the richest blend of knowledge, skills and experience.
At AECOM we believe that all design in the industrial sector should be “process led”. Our approach does not just focus on producing buildings and infrastructure; designed to house the client’s equipment, but is process driven to fully integrate the architecture and engineering aspects of the project around the process design. The resultant, a truly efficient facility designed for value, operational efficiency and future proofed for plant flexibility.
Our process led approach yields three distinct advantages:
- Infrastructure design is focussed around process requirements which are fully understood by our industry experts.
- These industry experts, having worked closely with our architecture and engineering teams, understand their “language” ensuring that process requirements and best practice are delivered in the final facility.
- By defining the process first, we deliver an optimal facility that functions completely in accord with the clients’ aspiration.
We engage with our clients through all project stages, from pre-feasibility, through feasibility, design, construction, operation; and across a wide range of industrial sectors – automotive manufacture, food & beverage processing, continent-wide infrastructure, etc. AECOM Process & Automation provide a consultancy service relating to the optimisation of existing or new facilities where Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma play a decisive role. We focus on improving Quality, reducing delivery times and maximising cost reduction and cost avoidance.
Your key responsibilities, with support from your team, may include the following:
- Collection and analysis of existing client processes, products and equipment.
- New process proposal and conceptual design - assessing the costs and benefits of a range of technologies and determining the best solution for a particular product
- Simulation of existing and proposed processes, demonstrating capability prior to investment
- Contributing to a wide range of projects as the workload dictates
- A Manufacturing or Engineering related Bachelor degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Controls)
- Minimum 2:2 ( or equivalent) degree classification
- Very good numeric and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Very good analytical skills • Flexible to deal with varying workload and working environment
- Able to demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in manufacturing/automation engineering
The AECOM Graduate Development Programme (GDP), together with the huge scope of projects globally will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. These development programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions with the relevant international professional institution – currently where we have graduates associated with over 30 professional institutions in EU alone.
We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required. Graduates form a valuable part of our team; therefore you will be working on, and influencing, live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.