Finance Graduate - Shared Services - Finance
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM. We currently have an immediate opportunity for a Finance Graduate to join the Finance team within our highly successful multinational organisation. The successful candidate will rotate progressively around our various Finance functions in order to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of Finance as a whole, rapidly developing business skills, client relationships and all round knowledge before finally specializing in one area. Currently this role will be based initially in St. Albans, then Birmingham. However, we do expect the successful candidate to be fully mobile across the UK and potentially further afield into Continental Europe. Other roles may be identified in other offices across the UK. The variety of scope and development that this role has to offer will ensure that the successful candidate has the foundations in place to continue to build on their future career.
Your first placement will be within our European Shared Service Centre. Here you will support the Finance Transaction Processing team which includes Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable including credit control and billing, general ledger, month end close and systems support. Other placements will be with the Controllership Group covering statutory reporting and compliance, Project Accounting Team where you will gain an insight into Project reporting and control, Financial Planning & Analysis Team who are responsible for the annual planning process, analysis, data reporting and you will gain an overview of the structure of finance within AECOM and finally a placement within one of the businesses working closely with a Business Line Finance Manager supporting the business on a day to day basis. We encourage the professional development of all our graduates so you will be supported towards your ACCA or CIMA chartership, which may involve day release to study and includes providing you with a mentor within the specific teams you rotate through. Responsibilities may include:
- Involvement in day to day transactional processing and controls
- General accounting and month end reporting
- Statutory reporting and compliance
- Internal reporting and analysis
- Project setup, monitoring, reporting and control
- Financial risks and controls
- Finance related degree, minimum 2:1 in either economics, accountancy or financial management
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge & understanding of the various Finance functions, and the support & guidance they provide to a business
- Clear & genuine passion for Finance
- No more than 2 years relevant Finance experience post-graduation
- Highly mobile and flexible - available to travel throughout the UK and possibly Continental Europe
- Foreign language preferable (Russian or Spanish particularly)
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable working with candidates at all levels and building stakeholder relationships internally
- Ability to influence others at all levels
- Proven organisational skills and self-motivated
- Team player, with a proactive self-starter approach
- Professional and diligent
- Excellent attention to detail and proficient in Microsoft Office tools
Our Graduate Development Programmes (GDP) within AECOM & URS, along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. Dependent on the business line and office that you join, you will be part of either the AECOM or URS GDP, but will benefit from the best of both worlds in terms of support, training and potential opportunities across AECOM and URS as an AECOM company. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in. We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!