Graduate Digital Consultant - Birmingham, UK
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
We are a leader in all of the key markets that we serve, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments.
As part of this integrated delivery, digital solutions and the adoption within our projects, is critical to our success. Digital Project Delivery (DPD) engages with project teams across our EMIA region to drive adoption. As a graduate in DPD you will be actively involved in project delivery. Mentored by industry experts, you will develop your skills in digital delivery and innovative technologies. As part of AECOM’s Digital Transformation initiative, you will help to implement digital strategies across the business.
DPD as a team are driving the adoption of digital delivery on our projects. This is across AECOM’s business lines and throughout the EMIA region (Europe, Middle East, India, & Africa). This can include supporting existing delivery teams, or providing leadership on strategically important projects. DPD also engages the business to develop strategy aligned with the global Digital Transformation initiative and the objectives of the geography/business line. This includes managing the relationship within region with our software vendors/partners. It also includes providing support to the delivery of our quality systems and standards. These activities drive efficiencies in our delivery through standardised digital processes. We are also improving the quality of our deliverables and having positive impacts on the relationships with our clients.
The job responsibility of a Graduate in DPD will include the following:
- Working with project teams to implement digital methodologies and associated technology. This will involve engagement in the design, construction and operation/maintenance phases of a project.
- Use Common Data Environment systems to manage project data. ProjectWise will be the main focus, but not exclusively as we adopt other tools to manage our project data.
- Engaging with teams across EMIA to drive behavioural change. This will largely be on projects to ensure they deliver as per the processes defined.
- Assisting the DPD team in meeting its strategy of supporting the business. This will involve project engagement and driving the adoption of digital processes and tools.
- Sharing best practice and developing standards.
- Collaborating and communicating with the business to drive adoption. As a Graduate, you will be involved in influencing and testing standards that drive consistency in technology adoption.
- Working with our software vendors and partners to implement technology. This will include access to the latest tools, working with the DPD team to implement project ready technology.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2:1 or equivalent) in mathematics, geography, IT, engineering/construction, or science related subject.
- No more than 2 years relevant work experience.
- A keen interest in digital delivery of projects related to infrastructure assets is essential. This can include process, people development/change and technology.
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to work in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team
- Professional manner
- Ability to learn new technology and undertake self-learning
Please see above.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!