Graduate Opportunities UK & Ireland 2019
AECOM Graduates make a real difference to the built and natural environment in which we live, developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security. AECOM connects expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes.
We are seeking applicants from around 35 disciplines, including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, building services, industrial, fire and sustainable buildings engineering, as well as quantity & building surveying, project management, planning & design, ecology, acoustics, environmental, water and energy related disciplines
Our Graduate Development Programme lasts for two years, and will provide graduates with full financial and development support towards their relevant professional qualification, including an assigned mentor, regular residential training modules, an opportunity to work on live client projects, external training courses where required, and multi-disciplinary exposure.
We value graduates who have an excellent technical grounding in their particular field, with the ability to assimilate and analyse information effectively and objectively to make informed decisions. Equally as important, we are looking for certain core behaviours that will enable graduates to thrive, such as teamwork, the ability to communicate effectively, the confidence to challenge and ask questions, the ability to prioritise, and creative and innovative thinking.
Diversity matters to us. At AECOM, inclusion and diversity are embedded in our core values and are key drivers of our success. Our innovation is enhanced by our ability to draw from a wealth of different backgrounds and experiences. And the diversity of our workforce enables us to better understand our clients and the communities in which we live and work.
Extended GDP details
The AECOM Graduate Development Programme lasts for two years, and will provide graduates with full financial and development support towards their relevant professional qualification, an assigned mentor, regular residential training modules, an opportunity to work on live client projects, external training courses where required, and multi-disciplinary exposure.
We invest heavily in our graduate development programme (GDP) as it is designed to help train the future leaders, both people and technical, of our business. We currently have over 800 graduates across numerous disciplines developing their technical & soft skills, and working towards their professional accreditation. You will learn from some of the most talented and renowned experts in their field, while bringing a fresh approach and further diversifying our workforce.
Professional accreditation is key to your development but also to AECOM as a business. We will provide you with all the support and tools required to achieve this as soon as possible, and in return we expect you to own your development to drive this forwards. Below we have listed the key components of our GDP:
- 2-day Induction – opportunity to learn more about the AECOM business globally, engage with some of our senior staff, and network with many of your fellow graduates from across the UK&I
- Residential Training Events – over the course of the GDP you will attend two residential training events covering key business knowledge and soft skills, including our financial, legal and commercial approaches, project management, negotiation, time management and presentation skills, as well as completing a number of online training modules.
- Professional Qualification – all our graduates are supported towards a relevant and recognised professional qualification, including full financial and development support
- Mentor – you will be provided with an experienced mentor who will support your professional development through regular reviews, identifying training and experience requirements, and sharing with you their knowledge and experiences. All our mentors are committed to developing the next generation of AECOM professionals, are highly regarded within their respective areas of work, and have themselves experienced the rigours of gaining professional qualifications.
- Technical Development – through on-the-job training within your team including any appropriate software training required
- Secondments – where appropriate to provide you with specific experience, or to support projects in the UK or internationally.
- CPD - Support towards your continued professional development ranging from attendance at conferences, to financial backing to enter professional awards and competitions
- Opportunity to work on live client projects from your very first day in your role
- External Training Courses where required
- Multi-Disciplinary Exposure due to the nature and diversity of our business, developing your understanding of other disciplines, developing your technical expertise further, and improving your ability to work with different types of people
- Social Activities– we expect you to work hard so it’s imperative that you enjoy your work environment, so regular social events are organised within the graduate community including sports clubs, cinema nights, pub quizzes and charity events
Altrincham, Basingstoke, Bedford, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Cork, Croydon, Chesterfield, Cumbria, Dublin, Edinburgh, Exeter, Galway, Glasgow, Leeds, Limerick, Liverpool, London, Londonderry, Manchester, Newcastle, Newry, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Peterborough, Plymouth, Southampton, St Albans, Swindon, Telford, Warrington, and York
Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services, Industrial, Fire and Sustainable Buildings Engineering, Acoustics, Quantity & Building Surveying, Project Management, Transport Planning, Urban Design & Planning, Town Planning, Sustainability, Environment related, Water related, Energy related, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geology, Geography, Hydrogeology, Hydrology.
How to apply
Please complete our short online registration form via our graduate website at aecom.com/amazing
Start date details
We operate rolling recruitment and will be as flexible as possible on start dates, but most join us around September time.