Water Mechanical & Electrical Engineers
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
At AECOM, we develop sustainable wastewater treatment systems to meet today's environmental challenges. We take an integrated and sustainable approach, which is essential to the effective management of wastewater and wastewater systems and the protection of our public waterways and drinking supplies
We are leaders in the wastewater industry and our teams of professionals provide the highest quality professional wastewater engineering services, including: Water quality modelling, Wastewater collection, Municipal wastewater treatment, Outfall, Wastewater reuse, Residuals management
We collaborate with clients to develop comprehensive master plans, identifying affordable infrastructure improvements that meet the most challenging wastewater problems. Our wastewater experts encompass the full range of treatment systems, including all aspects of water and global warming cycles. Our capabilities incorporate such processes as advanced membrane bioreactors; enhanced nutrient systems; and advanced biosolids dewatering and oxidation processes.
Our goal is to help develop treatment systems that provide superior-quality reclaimed water for irrigation or commercial reuse, clean power from biosolids and waste, and solid waste by-products for beneficial use
Our experts analyse the operations of lift stations, collection pipelines, and treatment facilities, and look for deficiencies that are likely to develop as the population increases and sewer-system components deteriorate. We help clients collect, convey, treat, and find beneficial uses for effluent. Whether a client requires the design of a new plant or interceptor, an upgrade to a lift station or an integrated approach for water reclamation, our professionals have the expertise and experience to handle any global wa ter assignment. We are a consistent and reliable partner for industries as they strive to comply with more stringent regulations.
Our experts deliver comprehensive services from concept to completion and beyond that help ensure sustainable results for our clients. We are knowledgeable in all types of clean water and waste water treatment, pumping stations, Combined Sewer Overflows and related issues. Our staff analyse impacts of potential strategies ranging from the ecological to the regulatory and the socio-economic, as well as from the standpoint of engineering feasibility.
Mechanical Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Production of equipment and drive schedules;
- Production of engineering specification documents as part of contractual packages;
- Working with our clients to assist them with project delivery, asset and network performance and design;
- Liaise with internal and external design teams, clients and contractors as appropriate;
- A basic understanding of hydraulic systems would be beneficial however is not essential;
- Provision of timely reporting to both the client and internal team lead.
Electrical Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Production of cable calculations, cable schedules, and circuit schedules
- Production of lighting designs
- Production of MCC/ Control Panel details including ICA information
- Production of electrical specification documents
- Utilise Amtech, Dialux and Lighting Reality software design programmes
- Liaise with internal and external design teams, clients and contractors as appropriate
- BEng Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (2:1 or equivalent);
- MEng in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (2:1 or equivalent) would be preferred;
- Relevant work experience would be an advantage;
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive;
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- Water related modules would be an advantage
- Willing and able to work towards professional qualifications such as IET & IMechE
- Demonstrable interest in water projects
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.
- Structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole.
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 800 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training module s throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.