Graduate Strategy Design
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
Strategy +, part of Building+ Places within AECOM currently have an exciting opportunity for an innovative thinking Graduate Workplace Strategy Consultant to work in the London, Aldgate East office as part of the team supporting on a wide range of projects.
The Strategy Plus team are passionate about understanding and forecasting the future of work, and using these insights to help drive change in the workplace. As a team we are looking for people who can contribute to the debate of future work, as well as translate their ideas into practical and achievable solutions for clients today. Our people, team identity and culture are hugely important to us – we want individuals who are looking to join a fun and dynamic team. We pride ourselves on a culture built on trust and respect and a place where every voice is heard. We are non-hierarchical and need selfstarters, people who can see opportunities and don’t need to be told to act on them. We also understand that development and progression is key to a happy and productive team – we are always looking for opportunities to progress people’s careers and build leaders of the future. If you are looking for a challenging, rewarding and fun career, then read on!
With highly skilled and experienced staff, as well as established processes and tools, the team provides clients with innovative workplace solutions that deliver measurable business benefits, making complex issues simple: helping clients to capitalise on a vital dynamic:
‘The relationship between people and physical place - to enhance organisational performance’
Our services include strategic briefing and planning of the built environment, building analysis, design review, service design, user experience and change management. Our project range is wide and includes workplace, universities, sports stadiums, parliaments, museums, and cities.
The chosen candidate will work with and learn from other members of a multi-disciplinary office about workplace consultancy to deliver quality output in line with our established methodologies, ensuring the aspirations and expectations of a client are met. When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial few weeks and months working on projects.
Early work with us will typically include the following:
- Develop a deep understanding of our tools, processes and how we use data and design as a powerful change tool.
- Translate data into clear recommendations that help clients address concerns relating to people, space, brand and technology.
- Work alongside experienced consultants on live projects to get a sense of how we engage with clients to help them translate their organisational challenges into measurable solutions.
- Hold a minimum of a 2.1 degree in Architecture (part 2), Interior design, Product, Furniture design or a degree in the Social Sciences such as Psychology or Anthropology.
- The ability to work in a consultancy environment, with a strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, ability to work independently and show initiative.
- An innovative thinker with the ability to communicate ideas clearly (visually and verbally).
- Demonstrate evidence of report writing skills.
- The ability to successfully manage time to meet project deadlines, as well as a strong work ethic.
- The ability to be able to work under close direction from senior colleagues as a key member of a multi‐disciplinary team.
- In aspiration to progress within their career and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, and each and every one of them makes a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.