Business Internship - Engineering Operations Coordinator
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start Date: 3rd July 2017
Duration: 12 Months
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging Internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our Internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
- Liaise and co-ordinate external development projects between Airbus early careers staff, external education establishments, event organisers and suppliers.
- Chair and co-ordinate the Graduate events team, to develop, organise and attend external events to represent Airbus in the wider market.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, including writing the agenda and minutes.
- Maintain full admin responsibility for Engineering Intern population and assisting with all budget management for engineering early careers.
- Purchasing goods and services to ensure the Engineering organisation meets its commitments to external institutes and suppliers.
- Maintain accurate records and liaise with the professional institutes to ensure compliance with the accredited development programmes.
- Provide a central point of contact for the Engineering business department
- Liaise with a network of people within the organisation as well as any external organisations
- You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of your placement, studying towards a Business Studies or related degree.
- Good standard of numeracy
- Prepared to continually challenge
- Show a desire to build and develop skills within a blue chip company
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliaryaids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email. Anyinformation disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!