Business Improvement Internship
The Head of Series Wing Design Engineering (ESW) has defined that in order to improve its overall effectiveness and productivity levels as an organisation, that a dedicated Change Platform Team is required to manage, support, and co-ordinate change to achieve the ESW vision. Previously ESW has underestimated the amount of effort and support required to enable the change.
The purpose of this role will be to support to the various ESW enabling teams, primarily focusing on co-ordinating / overseeing Project Management elements of various engineering Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives as part of the extended business transformation network developed within the ESW organisation. You will act as a support to the overall Project Management of the improvement portfolio to enable effective and efficient delivery of improvement projects, and the successful candidate will become part of the support team for the Change Platform Leader, for a specific business area.
Working as part of the ESW and Change Platform Team you will be required to ensure best practice and common ESW Project Management approaches are used in the management and deployment of the improvement portfolio across a number of ESW teams. The Intern must ensure the teams adhere to applicable process and standards, whilst challenging the approach and strategy where required.
Support the management of local portfolio of improvement activities whilst incorporating customer requirements and supporting the Change Platform Leader within a programme area.
Support the ESW Change Platform Reviews that:
- Engages with employees improvement ideas that are reviewed and supported by the management team.
- Reviews the status of improvement ideas, takes corrective action if required, prioritises new ideas and provides support.
- Aligns the enabling functions - Quality, Lean, Business Management, Skills Axis to have a joint improvement plan shared across every programmes and site.
- Shares best practice and ensures that recognition and reward of the employees.
- Generate and deliver required presentations to effectively communicate the Change Platform Leader role within the business.
- Support the enabling teams in developing and deploying a business level Change Plan within your accountable area to develop
- a continuous improvement culture.
- Support the engagement of ESW employees and Improvement Project Leaders by monitoring savings/improvements regularly,
- and reporting local progress to stakeholders.
- Provide general project support and coordination using Change Platform Team standards to ensure successful project
- Encourage and promote the use of CI philosophy in the business.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the programme, studying towards a degree in one of the following
- Business Management
- Change Management
- Programme Management
- Project Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Design Engineering
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- Customer focus - by engaging and integrating well with your programme area to understand current issues and deliver results with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and remain professional at all times.
- Enthusiastic, assertive and able to think on your feet and adapt your behaviour appropriately to resolve conflict successfully.
- Excellent communicator (both written and oral) and listener with strong influencing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to expedite tasks in a firm and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to challenge the norm whilst convincingly inspiring and motivating end-users.
- Ability to exercise appropriate discretion and manage commercially sensitive data.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Project Management experience is an advantage.
- Understanding of Knowledge Management philosophy, methods and tools is an advantage.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!