Business Marketing & Proposals Graduate
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
A number of opportunities are available to join the Airbus Defence & Space 2017 Graduate Programme within the Secure Communications business line. As a Business Marketing & Proposals Graduate, you could work in the following departments:
- Product Marketing: The department's mission is to 'manage the lifecycle of innovative secure communication services and products delivered to Governments worldwide'. The department provides the "glue" to make the business more integrated, cohesive and aligned. It drives sales growth through an entrepreneurial method, encouraging a multi-disciplined approach from across the wider business, to deliver the new products and services required by its broad customer base.
- Sales and Marketing: The department manages the delivery of our offer from kick off to signature, with the primary purpose of turning sales opportunities into competitive offers that can be successfully delivered when won. To succeed in this mission, we focus on understanding our customers' needs and wants and convincing the customer that our solution is the most appropriate.
Main activities will include:
- Work with the business to promote the early identification of business opportunities within the company.
- Lead the preparation and timely delivery of effective documents including proposals and business cases, holding reviews as appropriate.
- Analyse opportunities, produce and communicate bid plans, roadmaps, go to market plans and launch plans.
- Coordinate the commercial, legal, financial and technical inputs into the business documents.
- Researching and creating pricing policies, marketing information resources and industry benchmarks to generate successful business plans and proposals.
- Increase the quality of customer knowledge by generating business collateral for customer shows and demonstrations.
- Prepare and lead the presentation of a tender evaluation.
- You will have the opportunity to travel to other Airbus Defence & Space sites and gain international exposure.
- These roles will be based in Portsmouth, Stevenage or Hawthorn, Corsham (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Maths or related subject.
- Inquisitive and commercial mind-set.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of project management, the marketing mix and sales strategies.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in Spanish or French would be advantageous, but not essential.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email.
Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!