Political Affairs Internship
Internships are available at Airbus Group UK and Airbus in the UK offering exciting opportunities to work in a challenging, dynamic and multicultural organisation. The successful applicants will be part of a small public affairs team which handles government relations with key stakeholders for the company, namely senior internal management team, members of parliament and civil servants. The department has a wide-ranging and responsive role, so you can expect to be involved in a variety of activities during the placement, providing a greater understanding with the link between theoretical and practical politics.
- Providing support for the Vice President, Public Affairs and the Head of Public Affairs Defence and Helicopters, as well as other
- members of the senior Airbus Group UK and Airbus in the UK management team in terms of executive briefings.
- Where necessary, attend policy and committee hearings in Parliament and, on occasions, attend events in Parliament
- Provide co-ordination support for stakeholder mapping and management
- Assist with VIP visits to Airbus sites, event planning and implementation of public affairs events
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly Parliamentary Newsletters sent to all parliamentarians
Public Policy research:
- Prepare public affairs reports
- Providing a tracking and monitoring service of key public policy developments which may affect the company eg general Government policy, defence and innovation policy, manufacturing, skills and training, legislation and exports
- Analysing policy developments and preparing briefings for internal and external company use
- Preparing presentations on public policy issues
The position would suit someone who has knowledge of and a keen interest in political affairs. If applying for the Airbus Group UK placement, a keen interest in defence is also desirable. All applicants should be able to work well in a team, be self-motivated and know how to use their own initiative. The successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate good communication skills including the ability to write clearly and simply, have a polite and professional telephone manner, knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, be familiar with the internet and able to work to deadlines. Holding a clean, full driver's licence is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of political affairs
- Use of own initiative
- Able to communicate in clear and professional manner
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Excellent use of English and numeracy
- Able to produce high quality work
- Ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Well organised
Must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement studying towards a degree in either Politics, International Relations, Economics, Government Relations, or Public Policy (or a combined degree including one of these).
- Interest in current affairs
- Familiar with Internet/Intranet
- An interest in defence is applying for the Airbus Group UK placement
*Assessment centres for this position will be held on 8th February 2017*
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Anyinformation disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!