Commercial and Contracts Graduate
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Global Commercial and Contracts team within the Airbus Defence and Space Secure Communications business line are responsible for the development, negotiation, execution and contract management of all offers and contracts for our diverse product and service portfolio, thus ensuring that all commercial and contractual activities are conducted in a proper, legal, ethical and commercially sound manner. The team undertakes a diverse range of contractual and commercial activities in support of our UK, European, US and Export Customer relationships such as preparation and negotiation of commercial offers, bespoke contractual agreements, exporting and financial aspects.
Main activities will include:
- Develop an understanding of the tendering processes employed by our customers including but not limited to UK Ministry of Defence, NATO, ESA and Export Customers.
- Gain an understanding of different contracting models across live bids / projects including Private Finance Initiative (Skynet), Firm Fixed Price, Channel Partnering (resellers) and Service Delivery.
- Develop, with support from the nominated Commercial Manager, commercial offers and terms & conditions for a wide variety of service and product offerings.
- Prepare and negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements, Loan agreements, contract changes etc. with a wide variety of customers.
- Work alongside bid teams and finance and sourcing team to analyse and manage commercial risk.
This role will be based in Newport and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Business, Law, Economics, Finance or related subject.
- Knowledge of contract law
- General business acumen
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email.
Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!