Fuel and Landing Gear Test Internship
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 3rd July 2017
Duration: 12 Months
The Fuel and Landing Gear test teams support the development and certification test activities performed for the Fuel and Landing Gear systems in all Airbus Aircraft programs. Tests scope covers either:
1/ The Avionics involved with these systems: verification of system computers and main electronic equipment integration on avionic rigs (computer robustness, software response, network, communication, data buses).
2/ The fluid mechanics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical aspects of these systems: verification of fluid mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and related mechanical equipment on Fuel and Landing Gear test rigs (system performance under
various conditions, equipment robustness, certification tests).
In this role you will be a member of a group in the Fuel and Landing Gear tests department in Filton, working in a close relationship with the corresponding design office and the flight test teams.
The aim of this Internship is to support the Fuel and/or Landing Gear systems test engineers on various activities, within one or several groups of the test department. Activities carried out could be involved with any of the Airbus Aircraft programmes or R&T work. This may also require trips to various Airbus sites and/or supplier facilities.
The main activities performed by the various teams are:
- Laboratory test means support, which includes:
- Test Means development and commissioning for new test rigs
- Maintenance and evolution of current test rigs
- Functional integration tests on lab test means:
- Identification of test mean needs
- Test procedure preparation and execution on various Airbus rigs available in Filton, Toulouse or Hamburg
- Support of system tests performed at supplier facilities
- Support to Flight tests:
- Flight test Instrumentation specification, installation and validation
- Flight tests monitoring in real time using the telemetry station in Filton or Toulouse
- Flight test data analysis to provide the design and flight test teams with the test results
- Support to ground tests performed on Airbus flight test aircraft fleet
- The department strategy fully supports the Integration and Flight Test centre's (EV) vision to develop a 'single test team' identity covering all tests from Supplier to Flight Test.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the Internship and be studying towards an Engineering/Science based degree, preferably Aerospace although any of the following disciplines could be considered:
In addition, the following skills are required:
- A strong interest in technical challenges and a desire to understand how things are made/
- Interest or experience with electronics or fluid mechanics technical questions
- Relevant practical experience (work experience or project work)
- A good knowledge and practical experience of Microsoft Office applications
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of working as a team
- English - Negotiation level
The following are also desirable but not essential:
- Good understanding of aircraft systems
- Any knowledge or experience of Programming and Programming languages
- Any knowledge or experience of Software creation/application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!