Engineering Internship - A320 Chief Engineers Team
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Looking to kick start your career in Engineering? Airbus Engineering Internships will give you the opportunity to contribute to our success as a leading aircraft manufacturer, with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market.
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging Internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our Internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
This role will give you an opportunity to apply your Engineering knowledge and skills to an aircraft, deliverable to customers around the world. You will join the Chief Engineers team which is accountable for the engineering integration, airworthiness and safety of the Wing, Landing Gear and Fuel Systems for the A320 Family Single Aisle aircraft. The team leads engineering projects by specifying customer requirements and managing the engineering teams to deliver an integrated solution.
Start date: 3rd July 2017
Duration: 13 Months
- Work with the Chief Engineering team leaders on product evolution of the A320 and A321, defining technologies and requirements for aircraft applications, attending regular team meetings and contributing to product development in a number of areas e.g. Aerodynamic Loading, Structural Design, Landing Gear and Fuel Systems and Installation.
- Continuous development of the existing fleet through the management of modification projects. This involves liaising and coordinating with a number of technical teams (Engineering, Airworthiness, Safety, Procurement etc.) to ensure an integrated solution is achieved quickly and efficiently.
- Gain a top level appreciation of aircraft development and an understanding of the decision making processes involved in the aerospace industry.
- Flexibility and autonomy on task involvement across a range of disciplines through the support of the Fuel Systems, Wing Structure and Landing Gear Chief Engineers.
- Contribute to multiple live projects with a large degree of variability allowing for a quick learning curve and serious involvement with a team from an early stage.
- Work with a highly experienced team able to pass on knowledge in a live project environment, allowing development and demonstration of leadership skills.
- Improve the team's processes whilst undertaking a number of internal improvement projects.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the Internship, studying towards an Engineering degree in one of the following areas:
- Aerospace or Aeronautical
Other skills and experience required include
- Previous project management or team leadership experience
- Good communication skills enabling you to write reports and create and deliver presentations
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the Assessment Centre. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!