Quality Operations Support Internship
Description of the job
The department are responsible for ensuring adherence to processes and procedures delivering safety and Quality to the customer. Working across all programmes/products and functions managing varied complex problems.
Internal to the Broughton Plant and with transnational teams, we also work across all functions ie Manufacturing Engineering, Design, Final Assembly Lines, Operations delivering solutions and improvements to processes and IT systems to deliver best value to the customer and improved efficiency to the product.
Start date: 3rd July 2017 Duration: 12 Months
- Maintain the data and produce the charts/KPI required for the Quality Excellence / CNQ Plateau control room.
- Carry out investigations and root cause analysis into reported quality / technical issues from business team and customer.
- Ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken by the accountable function through the use of multifunctional teams in line with Quality rules and standards.
- Interface with the operational teams and integrate with all support functions at the working level so that fast response to Quality concerns in the production cycle are the norm, resulting in containment of concerns, customer protection, visual management and evidence of quality improvements.
- Collects Quality issues requiring corrective actions
- Carries out NC root cause analysis and structured problem solving for simple issues, including multi-functional team.
- Ensures that containment and corrective activities are implemented and efficient.
- Escalates complex issues (external to FAL, FAL transversal issues, technically complex…) to Conformance team where appropriate
- Deploys Lean Quality activities and applies Quality tools at working level
- Provides feedback to operations & support functions on Quality issues including visual management
- Performs surveillance of processes and process confirmation activities according to Quality standards and surveillance plan
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the internship, studying towards a degree in one of the following:
- Manufacturing Engineering Project Management Quality Assurance
- Proactive - Good communication skills both written and verbal
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!