Finance Internship - Government Financial Affairs
Airbus Group is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2015, the Group - comprising Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Helicopters - generated revenues of € 64.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 136,600.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 3rd July 2017
Duration: 12.5 Months
During this internship you will be part of the Airbus Group Corporate Finance team. This is a small Government Contracts team based transnationally in Germany, France and the UK.
The UK team's responsibilities include:
- Government and European Commission grants
- Preparation of cost statements for research grant claims
- Coordination of financial audits on externally funded projects
- Financial support for new proposals
- Government and Regional loans and repayments
- Provision and audit of financial information for Government loans
- Liaison with BIS (Department of Business Innovation and Skills)
- UK Research and Technology (R&T) Controlling
- Responsible for R&T financial matters in UK
- Local reporting, Cost Breakdown Structure, financial advice
- Assist the Grant Claims Accountant with UK Government and European Commission cost statement preparation
- Liaison with auditors for externally funded projects
- Assist with general ledger account reconciliations
- Help to develop and maintain claims and cash status reporting
- Review, update and document departmental processes
- Provide support to assist development of new proposals for external funding
- Management of booking codes for R&T in UK systems
- Management of R&T cost accruals
- Assist R&T Controller with queries from customers (e.g. project managers)
- Assist R&T controller with reporting
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement and have completed a minimum of 2 years in a degree in either Accountancy, Business or a Finance related degree.
- Computer skills: (MS Office Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Good team working and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to work on your own initiative, with a flexible and adaptable working style
- Ability to work in a trans-national environment
- Some work experience in a Finance capacity preferable, although not essential.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!