Engineering Internship - Research and Technology (Structures)
Looking to kick start your career in Engineering? Interested in working within the cutting edge of future wing development? This Internship opportunity will give you the opportunity to contribute to our success as a leading aircraft manufacturer, with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market.
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging Internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our Internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
The Airbus Wing Research and Technology (R&T) Department is located at Airbus Filton, Bristol. It is responsible for the development of all new technologies for primary and secondary Wing structures as well as moveable's and systems. As an R&T Structures Intern you will form a key part of a multi-disciplinary team, carrying out activities across a variety of structures related projects, working on shaping the future of Airbus wings. There will be the potential for you to be involved in preliminary sizing (hand calculations or finite element analysis), materials selection and assessment (metal or composite), defining and managing test programs as well as analysis across a range of structures. You will also gain experience in technical writing and presentations.
Working within a specific R&T project team or across several project teams performing the role of and R&T structures engineer,
- Design and analysis of new concepts for primary or secondary structure/components in both composite and metal, using standard or cutting edge processes and tools
- Support the manufacture of test specimens and subsequent mechanical test programs.
- Process test results and write technical reports
- Attend regular tasks specific weekly meetings to provide progress updates
- Integrate into a multifunctional multi-skilled R&T team
- Arrange and manage the school work exchange students as and when required
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards a relevant Engineering degree, preferably Aeronautical, Aerospace or Mechanical.
In addition, the following skills are required:
- Basic engineering knowledge
- Have had an introduction to metals and composites
- A basic level of aircraft wing structure knowledge
- A good level of PC skill in MS Office tools
- Be a good communicator and team player
- Leadership skills or experience
- Previous work experience, particularly engineering based, is an advantage
- Basic knowledge of finite element analysis is beneficial but not essential
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!