Graduate Design Engineer
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Portsmouth Mechanical Design Office is responsible for the mechanical design aspects of telecommunications Satellites and works closely with the Toulouse Mechanical Design Office. Working in a transnational context, main activities will include:
- Produce conceptual and detailed mechanical designs and accommodation for Telecom Payload assembled at the Airbus Defence & Space Portsmouth site, justifying design through relevant analysis.
- Produce manufacturing data and documentation including procurement drawings, assembly drawings and Bill of Materials.
- Learn the discipline of maintaining Digital Mock Up (DMU) and design files in a validated (through appropriate checks and validation) and configured state.
- Gain experience in preparation of proposals, schedules, costings and technical presentations.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related subject.
- An interest in working in the area of electronics packaging for mission critical applications, including design for manufacture.
- Experience of using CAD and / or CAE tools.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work as part of a transnational team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!