Structures Engineering Graduate
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programmes provide exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the 2/3 year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
Airframe Engineering is the largest centre within Engineering in the UK, with a mission to develop and deliver best-in-class airframe architecture and optimised structure with regards to safety, robustness and eco-efficiency. It plays a key role in the definition of aircraft concept and design with a particular focus on wing. As a Graduate you will develop your skills and grow as an Engineer. You will be deployed on aircraft development projects where your enthusiasm and skills will provide you with the opportunity to push the boundaries while working for the most innovative aircraft manufacturer in the world. We recognise that our Graduates are essential to ensuring our continued excellence in wing design.
This role will be based in Bristol, Filton (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus UK Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000.00 - plus a welcome payment of £2,000.00
We have Graduates across a broad range of the key disciplines within Airframe Engineering where you will be involved in topics such as:
- Wing Repair: Provide revolutionary Customer service support with integrated engineering solutions delivering small queries, major repairs and major in-service problems in one seamless process by utilising existing and developing new technologies. This will result in the best possible support to Customers giving Airbus clear competitive advantages.
- Airframe and Systems Installation Design: Delivering robust and mature design processes, methods and principles (Electrical /Fluids / Architecture focus).
- Research and Technology: Defining innovative airframe structures and systems installation concepts as well as offering integrated solutions for design and stress competencies for technologies, regarding both future and serial aircraft.
- Structures Analysis: Developing and implementing all structure analysis capabilities for the Airbus stress community, ensuring structure optimisation at aircraft level and structure integrity of Airbus products.
- Materials and Processes: Qualifying materials and related processes as well as inspection and test methods along the aircraft development and life span. M&P also manages many research and development projects.
- Architecture & Integration: Managing the integration of components to deliver an optimised airframe design, for structures and systems installation.
- Structures Test: The management, preparation and performance of structural test for all aircraft programmes.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience Educated to either degree level (2:1 or above) or MEng or equivalent within one the following disciplines;
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Materials Science
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An Engineering Internship, Aerospace-based projects during academic studies and extra circular activities showing your team working ability would be desirable
Please demonstrate your wider interest in the aerospace industry and motivation for this Graduate position within a covering letter and CV.
Following application to this position you may be invited to undertake a number of selection activities including online testing and attending an assessment centre. Please note that online tests must be complete within 7 days of invitation.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!