Emerging Technology Junior Analyst Internship
Airbus ICT seek talented employees who can help us identify emerging technologies in computer science relevant to growing demands for our industry leading digital capabilities in aircraft design and manufacturing.
As an intern, you will get to work with a wide variety of our dynamic transnational team, while working on real projects that will help us grow our digital capabilities.
We are looking for an ideal candidate who has excellent skills, deep knowledge and keen interest in emerging concepts and ideas mainly in the space of computer science such as blockchain, advanced machine learning, IOT, and artificial intelligence. The intern will work on a project called Airbus ICT CVC (Corporate Venture Capital) project in which we scan the emerging technologies on a wide spectrum, produce a technology profile, prepare a recommendation dossier for the executive committee and facilitate a process to access the concepts or technology where applicable.
The candidate is expected to assist CVC team identify the "next big thing" in emerging computer science technologies.
The sources of information include:
- Published information in business, industry and trade press, online information, feeds, and favourite blogs or websites.
- Sources include technology tracking services from industry analysts (such as Gartner's Hype Cycles and other technology tracking deliverables),consultants or conferences that target leading-edge technologies and applications.
- Also the candidate will help conduct competitive intelligence to look for inspiration as to what is possible with the new technologies. For example, s/he can examine how their competitors are using the technology, but also look at comparators in (companies of similar size or with similar aspirations) for ideas that might be transferable to aerospace industry and to AIRBUS.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a degree in one of the following:
- Information technology
- Computer science
- Business studies
- Basic knowledge in coding languages and OS and software development process
- Proficient in the use of MS office, especially power point and online search engine
- Strong communication skills
- Creative and flexible
- Familiarity in the technologies used in the aerospace industry
- Interested in gaining insights as to how digital technology can improve aircraft manufacturer such as Airbus
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!