Graduate Digital Systems Engineer
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Processor Systems team is at the forefront of the development of digital signal processing payloads for telecommunications satellites, with work undertaken for a range of UK and international customers on a variety of exciting space projects. The responsibility of the group covers research and development of new digital processor products, manufacture and test of flight electronic equipment through to in-orbit operational support. Our products form the heart of modern telecommunications satellite payloads, handling many thousands of channels and required to operate continuously and reliably, for many years, in the harsh environment of space. The main focus of the work undertaken by the team is the development of advanced communications and scientific satellite payloads employing state of the art digital processing techniques. Currently we are developing our 5th processor generation using new technologies to boost our capability at least tenfold. To achieve this we work closely with hardware engineers, ASIC / FPGA designers, systems engineers and test engineers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to get involved in all phases from early concept through to delivering hardware and providing operational support. Key activities will include:
- Concept feasibility and generation of new ideas.
- Development of digital processor architectural design and specification, flowing down from customer requirements.
- Digital signal processing algorithm design, simulation and analysis.
- Laboratory prototyping and testing of new processor designs.
- Supporting customer reviews.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related subject.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a large, multi-disciplinary project team.
- Strong software skills, e.g. C, C++ are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing algorithm design and simulation, e.g. using MATLAB.
- An awareness of FPGA design.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!