Graduate Earth Science Engineer
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Airbus Defence & Space Intelligence is a leading provider of optical and satellite imagery, geographic information products, software and services delivering geographic information solutions into both private and public sector organisations worldwide. We offer a comprehensive product and services portfolio covering the entire geographic information services value chain - data acquisition and processing, imagery analysis and interpretation, hosting and delivery of large datasets, as well as offering GIS development and consultancy. As part of the Hosting Solutions services we provide portals which enable the discovery, view, order and delivery of large volumes of geospatial data.
Main activities will include:
- As part of the team provide analytical support and insight for various projects within the project framework.
- Support data preparation, management, processing, analysis, mapping and visualisation.
- Monitor and analyse data and process quality.
- Carry out research and development assignments in support of the Group's objects.
- Gain experience of software development cycles.
These roles will be based in Guildford and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Geographical Information Systems, Geology, Physics, Computer Science or related subject.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Able to work under own initiative and acquire new skills and knowledge.
- Good team working skills.
- Experience of Geographic Information System (GIS) software (ESRI ArcGIS and/or QGIS).
- Experience of analysing and processing spatial data.
- Use of databases.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email
Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!