UK Environmental Affairs Internship
Interested in gaining an insight into Environmental Affairs? Your work and strategies here at Airbus will be pivotal in ensuring that our transnational, multi-billion euro aerospace organisation remains eco-friendly.
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging Internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our Internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
Internship opportunities available at Airbus in the UK offer an exciting opportunity to work in a challenging, dynamic and multicultural organisation.
In this role you will be part of a small environmental affairs team which deals with organisations across the aerospace industry on environmental issues such as carbon emissions, aviation noise, air quality and sustainable fuels. The department plays a wide-ranging and responsive role, so you can expect to be involved in a variety of activities during the placement, whilst also meeting with representatives from airlines, airports, air traffic operators and other manufacturers on certain projects.
The position is based at our Filton site in Bristol.
- Have the opportunity to increase your knowledge of environmental aspects within the wider aviation industry; including sustainable fuels, air quality, aircraft and airport noise and carbon emissions.
- Potential to work closely with the Sustainable Aviation organisation - a collaboration of UK manufacturers, airlines, airports and air traffic operators, to improve the environmental performance of the entire UK aviation industry.
- Engage with various departments within Airbus Group (including Fuel Systems and Airbus Group Innovations) and with colleagues based at various sites across Europe on environmental topics.
- Support Airbus' involvement in on-going environmental projects with several major UK airlines and airports.
- Liaise both internally and externally to provide Airbus responses and inputs to Government consultations.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the contract, studying towards a degree in Environmental studies (or equivalent). Aeronautical or Aerospace degrees will also be considered.
Strong IT skills will be beneficial in this role, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint, alongside the other MS Office programmes.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!