Experimental Mechanics Test Support Internship
At Airbus in Filton, the Test Centre is responsible for structural testing a wide range of aircraft parts from small components to full scale complete aircrafts covering research, certification and in-service support. Structures Test defines and performs the structural tests which provide the proofs to integrate and qualify the physical aircraft as required for 1st flight, certification and continued airworthiness. The technical added value of Structures Test consists of:
- providing an optimised test plan (for the complete test pyramid solution) answering customer needs
- providing validated, reliable and robust test data to its customers
- validation of stress analysis hypothesis through testing
- providing to the Authorities, the proofs needed for certification and allow to secure certification by applying the same Structures Test process across Airbus and Extended Enterprise
The centre is also involved in research and development of cutting edge technologies with innovative solutions to complex and challenging tests. The Experimental Mechanics group is part of the Data Acquisition and Control Systems team within Structures Test. The main mission of this subgroup is to provide complex measurement solutions for structural testing and for validations of numerical simulations. The successful candidate will undertake a variety of activities within the Test Centre associated with instrumentation and data capture on structural test specimens as well as aircraft components to support structural design and analysis.
- Develop technical and theoretical knowledge of different strain/deformation and other measurement techniques.
- Acquire good understanding of data evaluation processes and comparison methods with simulation predictions.
- Gain awareness of Airbus processes and internal procedures.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the internship studying towards a degree in one of the following:
- Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering (or relevant)
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Good PC, experimental, data analysis, problem solving and mathematical skills
- Ability to generate innovative solutions and then communicate them effectively
- Mechanical testing, FE and CAD experiences are beneficial
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!