Engineering Internship - Structures Integration
Description of the job
Start Date: 3rd July 2017 Duration: 12 Months
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
A unique and exciting opportunity has become available to be part of a dynamic team working on the continuous development of Airbus products. As part of the Architects and Integration team, the role will involve working for the wing architect across all Airbus programs. The successful candidate will gain experience across whole wing component and will gain a good overview of the entire structural engineering department.
The role-holder will be accountable for:
- Supporting the development of design concepts they will be used to support Aircraft development programs.
- Cooperating with local Chief Engineers, programme design, analysis teams and specialists in executing specific tasks supporting the development of type variants in accordance with company product policy.
- Initiating and supporting of necessary activities within structures domains, such as development testing, materials investigations and specific structural analyses and methods investigations.
- Supporting the investigation of in-service issues using practical problem solving approaches
Must be an undergraduate for the whole of the placement studying towards an Engineering degree, preferably Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good team working ability
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!