ICT Internship - Application services
Description of the job
The department you'll be working in is a transnational team responsible for the support of a wide range of software critical to the development of multiple aircraft. In particular the department are the focal point for support of CAx (Computer Aided technologies) and DMU (Digital Mock-Up) tools, supplier management and supply chain management.
This role is suitable for a student studying an ICT related or Business degree but may also be suitable for a student studying an Engineering degree, provided they have a keen ICT/Business process interest.
You will be assisting the core CAx and DMU team with the following activities:
- Planning and supporting software maintenance activities such as patch deployments.
- Conducting root cause analysis and investigating critical failures of software.
- Assisting with change request management including liaising with our customers.
- Project leader on small, internal projects.
- Representing the department in projects run by other teams.
- The opportunity to suggest improvement projects, and then run these projects (within a specific budget).
- Improving the relationship between the ICT and business departments.
All activities within Airbus ICT work within the standard ITIL framework of good practice in service management. The majority of CAx and DMU tools within Airbus are closely linked to CATIA V5; the standard CAD package in all Airbus offices.
Over the course of a placement year you will have an opportunity to learn various skills, including:
- Software development and support processes in a world-wide organisation.
- Transnational networking internally within the department and externally with customers.
- Time and project management skills.
- Software application configuration skills/processes.
- Team working skills.
- Opportunity for "on the job" CATIA V5 and ITIL framework training.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards an ICT, Business or Engineering degree, with a keen interest in ICT.
The following skills are also required:
- Good ICT skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good written, verbal and communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of 3D design tools such as CATIA will be beneficial
- Knowledge of ITIL is advantageous
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!