Engineering Internship - Structural Test
Airbus Wing Test Centre in Filton is responsible for structural testing a wide range of aircraft parts from small coupons to full scale wings covering research, certification and in-service support. We define and perform the structural tests which provide the proof to integrate and qualify the physical aircraft as required for 1st flight, certification and continued airworthiness. Over the years, we have tested numerous structural parts of every Airbus aircraft family such the A320, A350, A380 etc.
Our key responsibilities include:
- Planning, Definition and Designing Tests
- Managing the manufacture of Rig Structure and Test Specimens
- Assembly, Installation and Operation of Tests
- Providing validated, reliable and robust test data to aircraft stress engineers to validate the structural part
Our recent highlights include testing a full scale A320 wing, numerous Landing Gear Support Structure tests etc.
The test centre provides ample opportunity for you to participate in a variety of engineering activities such as test operations, instrumentation, engineering project management, design and stress analysis.
In this role you can expect to undertake activities such as:
- Leading entire structural test projects (engineering project management activities such as planning using MS Project, budget estimation for the test, coordinating tasks and workforce to achieve the test needs)
- Training to use the Standard Test Machines
- Carrying out the test operations activities
- Supporting concept, design and stress analysis activities
- Supporting instrumentation activities
- Creating test operations parts database
- Calibration of equipment
- Supporting Test Centre Health and Safety activities
This role will suit an individual who is curious, motivated to learn, who asks questions and is keen to take on responsibilities and work to challenge their own limits.
You must be an undergraduate for the duration of the placement, studying towards a relevant engineering degree, preferably in one of the following:
You should also have the following skills:
- Strong IT skills
- Experimental, data analysis, problem solving and mathematical skills
- The ability to generate simple, innovative solutions
- Experience of Mechanical testing and Structural Analysis (Finite Element Analysis and CAD experiences are beneficial)
- A confident two-way communicator with an open and honest approach to work
When submitting an application, please include a cover letter, and where possible, include your achieved/predicted grades in any relevant modules on your CV.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!