Internal Communication & Community Relations Internship
To stay on top, Airbus Group recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus Group. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus Group and should benefit your future studies.
Internship opportunities available at Airbus in the UK offer an exciting opportunity to work in a challenging, dynamic and multicultural organisation.
The Communication department is looking for a talented and enthusiastic student who would like to gain experience in a range of communication disciplines including internal communication, public relations, media relations, community engagement and events management.
Made up of three teams - Media/External, Internal Communication and Community Relations - the Communication department is diverse and lively, and the successful candidate will get the opportunity to develop and strengthen their skills in a vast range areas including stakeholder identification and management, writing, event planning and delivery, working with the media, grass roots community relations and campaign creation and execution.
The department plays a wide-ranging and responsive role, so the successful candidate will be well-placed to get fully involved in a variety of activities in all three department teams, not only those directly linked to community engagement and internal communication.
Some travel may be required both within the UK and overseas.
Community Engagement related:
- Provide support to high profile community engagement and PR activities.
- Manage community engagement requests.
- Support the company's corporate responsibility communication.
- Assist in press activities, including writing press releases and managing the press monitoring and cuttings process, ensuring all UK media coverage is logged and communicated to appropriate audiences.
- Host visits involving members of the public and lead tours of the Broughton manufacturing areas.
Internal Communication related:
- Oversight and management of daily and weekly employee information cascades.
- Facilitation and co-ordination of communication employee network meetings.
- Support the planning and delivery of all internal communication activities.
- Provide support in the research, delivery and evaluation of internal communication campaigns.
- Assist in internal communication activities, including writing articles for the company intranet, developing content for the corporate TV system and helping facilitate two-way communication sessions.
This role will involve working in areas which require stakeholder, brand and reputation management and involvement with internal and external audiences. It would suit individuals who are working towards careers in communications, public relations, Corporate Social Responsibility, events and engagement.
The successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic, driven and confident. They must be able to work well in a team, be self-motivated and know how to use their own initiative. In addition, they must have excellent writing skills, be comfortable communicating verbally with stakeholders at all levels, have a polite and professional telephone manner, be experienced in using Microsoft Office tools, and be familiar with the Internet. Holding a full, clean driver's licence is desirable but not essential.
Must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Studies (or a combined degree of any of these with English).
- Knowledge of communication and engagement principles
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Excellent use of English and numeracy
- MS Office competent
- Able to produce high quality work
- Ability to work in a team
- Well organised
- Willing to learn
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Able to work on own initiative
- Skills in press release writing
- Media knowledge
- Skills in preparing communication plans
- Project management skills
- Problem solver
- Familiar with internet/intranet systems including content management systems, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel
Assessment centres for this position will be held on 8th February 2017.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!