Graduate Software Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
As a member of the Airbus Defence & Space UK's Data Processing & On-Board Software department, you will be part of a highly motivated development group, working at the centre of embedded software development for some of the most exciting Space missions currently under development, including ExoMars Rover and Solar Orbiter.
You will have the opportunity to apply your software engineering skills to the ever changing and exciting world of Space. Being at the forefront of Space exploration through working on the very latest Space missions provides a unique and challenging opportunity for you to contribute to, and make a difference in, one of the largest growing areas of scientific discovery.
Main activities will include:
- Design solutions based upon defined requirements.
- The realisation and unit validation of software modules.
- Development of Independent Test Cases for software subsystems.
- The generation, execution and analysis of validation software and associated results.
- Software performance analysis.
These roles will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Knowledge of the full software lifecycle.
- Experience in a high level programming language, e.g. C, C++, C#, Java.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Familiarity with hardware / software interaction.
- Experience of modelling and simulation, e.g. UML, MATLAB, Simulink.
- Knowledge, or practical experience, of using embedded Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!