Graduate Software Quality Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
Today's space missions rely on complex on-board embedded software to manage spacecraft subsystems and equipments. This software provides the on-board intelligence needed to fulfil mission objectives and it is imperative that it is developed using proven tools and processes. Airbus Defence and Space at Stevenage has several ongoing spacecraft projects at present, at varying stages of development. The final customer in most cases is the European Space Agency (ESA) and current projects include Solar Orbiter and ExoMars Rover.
As a Graduate Software Quality Engineer, you will work on an allocated project under the guidance of an experienced SQE engineer. Working with the project technical team lead, software development manager, software validation manager, software delivery manager and lead software architect as appropriate your activities will include:
- Ensuring that spacecraft software project processes are performed according to the current plans and the applicable standards.
- Producing and maintaining the project Software Quality Assurance Plan.
- Supporting the definition of the development logic, assessing throughout the project the Software Processes and the quality of the Software Project items, e.g. through inspections and production of metrics.
- Supporting lifecycle reviews.
- Approving documentation and proposing process improvements.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related subject.
- Experience of real-time embedded software.
- Experience of programming.
- Analytically minded with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of FPGA / ASIC design would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!