Graduate Software Support Consultant
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
You will join the Geo Information team who deliver support to end users with respect to Airbus Defence and Space software applications within the Public Safety sector, mainly for UK Fire & Rescue Services. The SAFEcommand™ systems and software suite addresses operational data management (back office software applications), automated resource location (asset tracking), mobile data communications systems, emergency preparation and response systems.
Main activities will include:
- As part of the 2nd line technical support team, responding to incidents in accordance with the customer's Service Level Agreement, ensuring incident history is updated via the Incident Management software.
- Undertaking problem identification and resolution involving re-creation of the incident, configuration analysis, data investigation or by site visit if required.
- Providing support to the Software Development Team during fault investigation, development and emergency changes.
- Providing enhancement requests and incident information into the Change process.
- Delivering product demonstrations, implementations and training and to ensure product documentation is maintained.
- This role will be based in Newcastle and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in an IT or related subject.
- Strong IT skills primarily in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Experience in the use of SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and ODBC.
- An awareness of ITIL.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!