Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Satellite Communications Modem Development Team work with a variety of engineering disciplines to develop embedded software solutions for use within Airbus Modem Products. The team are highly skilled in the development of specialised satellite communication solutions for military and institutional customers. In particular, this includes the development of new secure waveforms for our software defined radio modem and related areas such as security and baseband communications. As part of the team, you will have the opportunity to develop expertise in the development of world class embedded software solutions in the realm of Modem Waveforms, Digital Signal Processing and associated technologies.
Main activities will include:
- Design of solution using requirements derived in SysML.
- Implementation of design using C++.
- Integration and test of solution within a Modem system environment.
- Fault analysis and rectification on active communication networks.
- Supporting demonstrations of equipment for example, the Proteus Modem, to internal and external customers.
These roles will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Experience of modelling in UML. ¤ Knowledge of full software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of object orientated design using C++ is highly desirable
- Experience of developing in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of developing real-time software.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!