Graduate Space Systems Engineer
Description of the job
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
A number of Graduate opportunities will be available within the Earth Observation, Navigation and Science (ENS) Division on the Airbus Defence & Space 2017 Graduate Programme. ENS is a multi-disciplined group of highly skilled engineers from various technical domains, developing spacecraft from concepts into real operational systems. ENS work closely with the European Space Agency (ESA), UK Space Agency, the EU and a range of other agencies, providing systems to both government and commercial customers.
The role will be to perform systems engineering within one of:
- Future mission and concept design
- Spacecraft system detailed design, development and verification
- Space instrument detailed design, development and verification
Key activities will include:
- Preparing proposals to secure new contracts for the company
- System design covering all aspects of bespoke spacecraft and payload systems
- Engaging with customers and subcontractors across Europe
- Working with experienced Airbus Defence & Space engineers across all disciplines
These roles will be based in Stevenage or Portsmouth (must be flexible) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £26,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Space Engineering, Physics or related subject. An MSc in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- An interest in space.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in the use of modelling tools, for example, MATLAB is desirable.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 25th November 2016.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us via email. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!