Finance Internship - Controlling
We are looking for a Finance Intern to join the A400M Financial Controlling team.
For the Financial Controlling role, key activities will include:
- Support financial control of Filton plant, including monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- Through Power8+ (a company cost control initiative), track savings and progress of all facilities' Power8+ projects (attend project meetings, update progress reports, track total).
- Assist in the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) within the operational arena including hours per aircraft set and hourly rate analysis.
- Support preparation of monthly reports to heads of function within A400M operations.
- Provide controlling support as part of the annual target setting process and remain-to-do forecasting exercises.
- Collect and manage investment initiatives in collaboration with function heads.
- Support and develop understanding of EVM (Earned Value Management) within operations arena.
- To gain accounting and controlling experience within the business' Finance function and experience of the Cost Accounting and Financial Control processes operated by a transnational integrated organisation.
- Development of the interpersonal skills required to work effectively within a transnational team that supports all areas of the business.
- To gain knowledge of how ERP (Enterprise resource planning) systems are used in the management of a complex industrial organisation.
- Develop a good understanding and experience within operational arena, including understanding of investment appraisal and KPI's within an operations environment.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
You must have completed a minimum of 2 years in a Business, Accountancy or Finance related degree.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Access & PowerPoint)
- Good team working and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Desire to work in an Accounting and Finance role in industry
- Strong academic background - ideally grade C or above in A-levels
- Some work experience in Finance capacity preferable although not essential
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!